Friday, March 16, 2007

Biting the Bullet, Spending Some Money

In an attempt to get word out about my website,
I signed up for Google Adwords, the first time I've spent money to promote the site.
So far, not so good....but it's only been 12 hours.

The paranoid part of me thinks that craigslist and google are in cahoots. Advertise a bit for
free for a while on craigslist, see a little traffic on your site, get a little greedy, ignore craigslist's
TOU and put up the same ad in multiple locales. Ads get pulled by craigslist; feel guilty
about advertising there anymore...where to go?

Hello google adwords!

The original title of this post was "Drinking the Kool-Aid"; upon further review, I passed on that:

Highlight from wikipedia Kool-Aid entry:

In technology circles "drinking the Kool-Aid" is often used to describe the misguided or over-abundant enthusiasm someone has for their product and its capabilities.

I was more on the "Jamestown Massacre" meaning....

No comments: